Posted on February 19 2019
I don't know if you've been around lately, but the 80s are BACK and I am L I V I N G for it. But you know what else that I have been L I V I N G for?? These fireflies tops that you can wear multiple ways that I am absolutely adamant that you can wear for ANY (most) occasions because hun, let's not restrict ourselves just to the studio ygm???
Disclaimer: I was not born in the 70s or even the 80s so I definitely did not live through any of that and to be honest I didn't even live through the 90s fashion so quite frankly I think that your best bet is to not question me too much and roll with it because I feel like that will make this much more of an enjoyable experience x
5 ways to wear fireflies
1. Picture this; you're going out with the girls, you wanna look cool, sophisticated, you want to look like a boss bitch whose life is going perfectly to plan. You want everyone in the room to look at you and and be left absolutely speechless (and not because you're on your 6th amaretto sour and you're rolling around the floor, it's too early for that babe). Have your frills off the shoulder to show off your décolletage, put on your tailored trousers and a pair of heels and BOOM. Adult stage complete.
2. You think you can only wear tiny tops during the night? Nah. Throw your frills up on your shoulders for that country bumpkin vibe, whack on a pair of straight leg jeans, throw on a huge comfy cardigan and you're ready to take that candid coffee shop insta photo that was definitely you off guard apart from the fact that you've asked some poor sod on the table next to you to take it about 14 times.
3. IF THIS ISN'T GIVING YOU SANDY FROM GREASE VIBES THEN TO BE HONEST I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY BECAUSE IT LITERALLY SELLS ITSELF. Also spy that sexy curve of the Creatures of XIX leggings ;) Throw your frills completely OFF and put on your best 'hun don't mess with me' face to complete the outfit.
4. This next one is one of those classic day-to-night looks that can be pulled off at any point of the year. Day drinking? Wear this. Bank holiday weekend? Wear this aaallllll weekend long (not like you'll have a choice because we all know you're not going home at any point you naughty minx). Office meeting? Wear this. Nan's 90th birthday? Wear this. Your nephews holy communion? Wear this and honey you'll have both God AND Satan quivering in their boots.
5. I've saved what I feel is the most daring outfit for last. So come and take a walk with me on the wild side. (ha ha) I mean, what better way to bring to life the ghost of fashions past than with a bit of tie dye and leopard print?! Not sold? Picture this outfit as you're strutting to your water villa with a martini in one hand and your sugar daddy in the other. I know. NOW you're sold.
So have we inspired you?? Comment below and let us know how you would style your fireflies top, or better yet, show us on Instagram and tag us!