Terms and Conditions of Gecko Grip™ Apparel Usage
Gecko XIX® material has been designed for Pole Dance, amongst other activities that require a breathable, flexible material that also provides grip.
Gecko Grip™ Apparel provides an element of grip and should not solely be relied on, hands and alternate grip points, such as hips, armpits etc should be used at all times.
Consumers using Gecko Grip™ Apparel do so at their own risk and are personally responsible for any safety precautions that should be in place. For pole dancing, use safety mats and use ‘spotters’ (a trained professional pole dance instructor to physically support you) to ensure moves are executed safely. CXIX LTD (T/A Creatures of XIX®) take no responsibility for any misuse of Gecko Grip™ Apparel resulting in injury.
- Do be careful how you position yourself in pole dance moves, if sliding into positions or creating a high friction movement it will increase the rate of wear and tear.
- Do use Gecko Grip™ in your warm up, conditioning and stretching. They also make great non-slip yoga leggings (no non slip mat required!).
- Do use Gecko Grip™ for pole dance moves you are very confident in executing, and know your grip points.
- Do be cautious in positioning yourself every time you enter a pole dance move to ensure you have enough Gecko Grip™, before letting go with your other grip points such as your hands.
- Do check your Gecko Grip™ for wear and tear before each use. If the grip has worn it is time for a new pair.
- Gecko Grip™ will be damaged with high abrasion activity, combinations and drops. Avoid these for best use of your Gecko Grip™.
- Don’t use Gecko Grip™ for drops.
- Don’t use Gecko Grip™ for moves you have never tried, even if a spotter is present.
- Don’t use Gecko Grip™ if the grip is starting to wear off.
- Don’t use the Gecko Grip™ leggings if they are wet or if the aerial apparatus is wet.
- Don’t use Gecko Grip™ on poles that are not chrome, steel or brass.
Important note: Pole dance is a high abrasion activity on a dancer's skin. Over time the grip, due to natural wear and tear, will peel off in high use areas. If you have followed the rules of use and the grip peels off after just a couple of uses please let us know at email@example.com.